Monday, June 2, 2014

My New Life in Movie-Land Pt. 2

Yesterday Mike and I took advantage of the glorious sunshine and walked across the Brooklyn Bridge. It was a first for both of us: 
Enjoyin' the view (of Mike's backside)

We then followed our little cross-river excursion with a visit to an equally iconic NYC landmark: 
That's me haunting the street corner

This one was not a first for us (I stumbled across it totally by accident while exploring the city shorty after moving here), but it was the first time pictures were taken:
(Cute texting fireman not included in the tour package. I asked.)

Amazingly, there's a Ghostbusters sign hanging inside the station, and the on-duty firemen seem relatively unbothered by the occasional gawking tourist (or newbie local) wandering in to pose beneath it: 
I ain't 'fraid of no ghostly white legs
Who you gonna call?

This is my life now. 
 
(For further readingon the Ghostbusters firehouse, my friend Geraldine made the same pilgrimage a couple years ago, and did a great write-up on her blog. Check it out!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment