Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Long Weekend Productivity Fail

I am now in the waning hours of what was, for me, a five-day weekend. I did a lot of things with my free time. I got my hair cut, got lots of sun, attended a killer drag show, watched a few movies, took more than a few naps, did a bunch of grocery shopping, recovered from some kind of weird summertime flu, spent lots of quality time with Mike, and scored a couple of Regina Spektor tickets (!!!).

What I did not do is write five blog posts, which is how I had rather ambitiously (foolhardily?) planned to spend most of my free time. Not only did I not write anything new, but just now, I actually deleted the three existing draft-posts that I'd been "working on" for some time now (and which had gone stale in the process). So, instead of having produced a handful of witty and engaging vignettes from the Life of Dan,
I'm concluding my extra-long weekend eight blog posts (not counting this one) in the hole. It doesn't feel great.

I do feel like I have a couple of legitimate excuses for my five-day blogging fail
. I had been sick for the first part of my weekend, and then the sun was out ... A LOT. Plus, I don't know if you read, but we landed a freakin' school bus on Mars. (There must be some way I can blame that, right?) Also, quite honestly, I've been feeling a lack of blog-spiration lately. I'm afraid my life just hasn't been all that interesting or blog-post worthy these days. I'm sorry, but you can't force these things.

Now, I don't mean to be all Danny Downer here. Sure, I'm disappointed by my counter-productivity, and I know it's my own fault. But I also know I'll snap out of this little rut soon. And I'm certain that my current state of slacker-shame will melt away the very moment I click "publish" on my next great blog post.

In the meantime, I'm just gonna let Regina cheer me up. Enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. I feel ya. Way to make "unproductive" read well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only you could make absolutely nothing sound so fabulous. Real Deal Dan. That's what I'm going to call you on the cold, hard blogging streets. Okay?

    ReplyDelete